WIBA Safeguarding Policy
Safeguarding policy for the WIBA
The Welsh Indoor Bowls Association fully accepts its legal and moral obligations to exercise its duty of care and to protect all children (and vulnerable adults) participating in its activities, and to safeguard their welfare.
We are committed to do this by acknowledging that:
• The welfare of the child is paramount
• Each child irrespective of age, gender, religion, race or disability has the right to Protection from abuse.
• Each child has a right to be safe and to be treated with respect and dignity. We shall use our best endeavors to ensure that:
• All allegations of abuse are taken seriously
• The response to them is swift and appropriate
• The effectiveness of our policy is reviewed annually
• A responsible person shall be appointed annually as Child protection Officer to whom members can address any concerns.
The Association will help, encourage and support all Affiliated Clubs and Associations in the introduction and maintenance of their Child Protection procedures. Our Child Welfare & Vulnerable Adults Officer is:
Mr. Peter Brill
Every Club affiliated to the WIBA has been issued with a copy of the WIBA Safeguarding Policy, this Policy should be available on the Club Notice Board or in the Club Office. If you have queries or concerns related to child protection issues please contact our Safeguarding Officer.